Explore the coasts of Península Valdés in 4×4 vehicles, mountain bikes, and kayak canoes. Scout the recondite corners of this wildlife sanctuary with a new full day tour.
Península Valdés is one of Argentina’s top destinations for wildlife lovers. This important nature reserve that was declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1999 hosts an immense variety of marine life, including the biggest population of baleen whales in the planet, that come to the shores every year for mating and giving birth. Among other marine species that choose this coasts, there are sea lions, elephant seals, fur seals, and a wide variety of bird species.
And what a better way to grasp all this wilderness than with this new experience? The excursion starts on 4×4 Overland vehicles that will drive up to Riacho San Jose to start the first mountain bike stage of the circuit, which traverses the marine inlet in Gulf San José. At this point, we will scout the Gulf and appreciate the richness of its biodiversity. It is important to remark that, during the mountain bike stages, half the passengers will use the bikes while the rest crosses the area on the overland vehicles, and later in the day they switch activities.
For the second mountain bike stage, we will visit the bird island, inhabited by ten different species, such as herons, ducks, seagulls and Magellanic penguins, just to mention a few. Then, the tour continues at the Carlos Ameghino interpretation center, the perfect place to learn about the animals that we will find along our way. Leaving Ameghino, we reach our next destination: beaches Larralde and Villarino, where we will go kayaking along the coasts joined by the local marine life.
Kayaking along this surreal environment is the most intense moment in the whole itinerary, the connection that you will experience with the surrounding nature is something beyond words. After this mind-blowing experience, we will have time to enjoy a nice picnic on the beach while contemplating the beautiful scenery that spreads around us.
Last but not least, the final stage of this tour leads us to the sea lion rookery, where we will get the chance to observe and interpret the behavior of this amusing animals. From the rookery, we set back to Puerto Madryn, passing by the beach areas El Doradillo and Las Canteras. The views along the way are something spectacular.
This is definitely a complete experience that will allow you to know all there is to know of this virgin territory where wildlife has found its refuge. The scenery will leave you speechless, the quietness will ease your mind and soul. Let yourself be surprised by nature and connect with your wildest side in this Patagonian adventure.
If you wish to have more information on this or other programs, please contact us at Kallpa Tour!
- Feasible from September to march
- Duration: 8/9 hours
- Distance: 220 km
- Not indicated for: overweight people, people with heart conditions, pregnant women, people with mental or physical disabilities affecting their coordination, and people with respiratory conditions.
- Minimum and maximum ages: 15 to 60
- Note: In case of bad weather at San José Gulf, the activities might be changed to Nuevo Gulf.
- Transfer on a 2015 Mercedes Benz Atego 1725 4WD vehicle
- Bilingual nature tour guide
- Mountain bike expert guide
- Sea-kayak expert guide
- All guides have a WFR certificate (Wilderness First Responder)
- Visit to fishing settlements
- All activities described above
- Country lunch, including Cold cuts and seafood starter, Pan-fried steak in bread, Layer cake dessert (Alfajor), Cereal bars, Mineral water + sugarless flavored water, Afternoon Tea/Coffee
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED
- Entrance to wildlife reserve Peninsula Valdes
- Sunset whale watching tour not included