We invite you to visit the world famous Perito Moreno Glacier on a kayak experience that grants you exclusive access to the natural site and offers a truly unique perspective. You will get to witness this stunning glacier from your kayak, at lake-level!
We begin with free exploration, to take in the sights and sounds of the breathtaking site as we walk through the footbridge and gawk at the incredible viewpoints along the way. Then we will head to the Meeting Point, located near the main parking area, where the team will greet and brief you.
Afterwards we will get dressed in state-of-the-art gear as the guides give us a rundown as well as an in-depth safety briefing. No previous kayaking experience is necessary; the kayak experts will explain how to paddle among the astounding glacial waters.
Once prepared and briefed we depart, with kayaks in hand, to Los Témpanos beach. We will paddle down towards the glacier so that it is facing us the whole time. We will stop for a postcard picture moment and learn more interesting facts about the fascinating Perito Moreno area in Patagonia.
There are two options for the activity:
A) Full Day – Including Transfer from El Calafate (Lunch Box included): You will be picked up from the hotel in El Calafate, then enjoy a 74 km drive to Los Glaciares National Park, arriving at about 9:30. Then you will have two hours to explore every corner of Perito Moreno Glacier by yourself.
- B) Excursion Only – Without Transfer (self-drive or alternative transfer required): You have to be at the Meeting Point at 10:50 am.
For both options, the experience starts at 11:00 at the Meeting Point, located close to the main parking area, where the team will greet and brief you about the experience. After selecting your gear and getting ready, we will walk to the waterside for a safety briefing and warm up. You will be provided with a Gore-Tex dry suit, thermal suit, boots, gloves and a life jacket.
Then, you will paddle for an hour and a half in Lago Argentino on the north face of Perito Moreno Glacier, returning at 2 pm to the dome for hot drinks and snacks. Afterwards, the experience is over and Full Day Paxes will take the transfer back to El Calafate at 3 pm.
- Equipment: Double kayak. Waterproof dry suit, thermal suit, boots, life jackets.
- Not included: Entrance fee to Los Glaciares National Park. Paid in ARS (cash only) at the entrance of the park.
- Option A – Full Day: Round trip transfers from hotels in El Calafate + 1,5 hours kayaking + Lunch Box, snacks and hot drinks. Duration: Full Day. Pick up: from 07:30 / Return to El Calafate – hotel 17:00.
- Option B – Excursion only (without transfer): Includes 1,5 hours kayaking + Snacks and hot drinks. Duration: 3 hours approx. From 11:00 to 14:00 approx.
- Departures: Everyday – except June & July
- Difficulty: Average. No previous kayaking experience needed.
- Min-Max capacity: 2-20 pax
- Minimum age required: 14 years old. People between 14 and 18 years old must be accompanied by their parents or legal tutor
- Cancellation policy: Tour guides may cancel the activity if the weather conditions are considered inadequate.