Obligations in Trekking Services
- During the briefing / welcome of the passengers, inform about the sanitary measures that govern each place in addition to their planned activities.
- Implement a temperature measurement system at the beginning of the activity (if possible).
- Have alcohol gel at the disposal of the paxs throughout the tour.
- Try to keep the required social distancing during the trail or if there is any stop for panoramic viewpoints.
- In case of providing snacks, these will be individual for each traveler. It is not allowed to share drinking-glasses, cups or “mate”. It is not allowed to drink or eat anything during the transportation.
- Each traveler will have to take enough food & water for himself/herself. Drinks will have to be taken in individual bottles. It is not allowed to share recipients or utensils.
- Check that the travelers take with them enough and correct clothes according to the area where the activity will take place. Sharing clothes need to be avoided.
- Report and leave a record of any COVID-19-related incident that may take place during the tour or guided visit (to the authorities & the agency).
- Attention to injured persons must be carried out according to the protocol of each activity. When it is not possible to maintain social distancing, respiratory protection, hygiene and disinfection measures must be taken to the extreme.
Recommendations for Trekking Services
- Inform the cancellation or rescheduling policy of the provision of the service in the presence of symptoms compatible with COVID -19 disease in passengers, visitors or guides.
- It is suggested that each passenger bring their own equipment and personal items to carry out the activity such as binoculars for birds watching, trekking pole, sanitary kit, individual box lunch, individual waste bag, among others. If provided by the guide ensure the correct disinfection.
- Use a checklist to make sure that all safety and personal protection equipment required for performing the activity and preventing spread of COVID-19 is available
- Be aware of the responsibility involved and the role appointed in the crisis committee to guarantee compliance with the protocol to be followed.
- In activities that involve picking up passengers at accommodation facilities, tour guides should approach the front-desk staff to give their name and wait for the passenger outside the facilities, as long as permitted by weather conditions.
- Check that passengers and/or visitors use their personal protection equipment properly throughout the activity. Make sure that face masks cover nose, mouth and chin and that the required social distancing is kept.
- Count with contact of local sanitary service & emergency phone numbers.