An original and fun way to learn secret facts and curiosities about this very European Latin city, perfect for families with children!
Buenos Aires is a curious city. From its foundation under the Viceroyalty of Peru of the Spanish Empire in 1536 and then again in 1580 (yes, twice), there is no doubt that it has accumulated many secrets during its almost 500 years of renown existence. What could be more fun than a scavenger hunt to discover what this beautiful city has been hiding for so long?
Meeting at the iconic neighborhood of Recoleta, where the prosperous upper class lived during the 20th century, you will learn how to play the game. You will receive a map with a list of places to visit, clues to find and riddles to solve.
The search will begin guiding you through some of the most famous areas of the city such as Alvear Avenue, the Recoleta Cemetery, Del Pilar Church and the Recoleta Cultural Centre.
Walk around and look out for details that can not be noticed at first sight. Buenos Aires hides corners often unknown to the porteños themselves; it is up to you to discover them. Find out fascinating stories and fun facts, solve the mystery within the time frame and you will receive a reward! Keep in mind to record or take pictures of your findings along the hunt.
Once you finish the hunt, you will have to return to the meeting point to complete the adventure and try to be the first one to open the treasure chest and reveal the prize.
Do you want the experience to be even more fun? Try the evening hunt starting at sunset!
- Includes: Bilingual guide to instruct you / Mate / Map of the hunt.
- For travelers from 8 years old.
- Duration: 3 hours.
- Private departures available upon request in the morning, afternoon or evening.
- Regular departures: Tuesday and Thursday at 2pm
- Highlights: Avenida Alvear, Centro Cultural Recoleta, Avenida Figueroa Alcorta, Del Pilar Church, La Biela, Recoleta Cemetery, El Ateneo Grand Splendid Bookshop.