We invite you to be a part of “Bariloche hiking and kayaking Discovery”. San Carlos de Bariloche is one of our chosen destinations, known as the Switzerland of South America,for its architectural style.
To get up and have breakfast in a hotel room that overlooks the mountains in the background and the Nahuel Huapi Lake reflecting the light of the sun as a natural mirror,is an memorable experience for those who love and admire the beauty of nature. This simple but priceless moment is the start to an unforgettable day.
At 09 o´clock in the morning we´ll be picked up at the hotel with a small group that will join us during the excursion. Once onboard the van we´ll drive around the “Short Circuit” along Bustillo Av. Which is the main avenue bordering the Nahuel Huapi Lake from downtown Bariloche to the Llao Llao Hotel. This circuit goes along mountain roads and lakes very typical in Bariloche that at every turn shows us amazing views.
We arrive at the meeting point by the Nahuel Huapi Lake where our local tour guides are waiting for us and with the kayaks ready to begin the first leg of our crossing of the Nahuel Huapi and Moreno Lakes, where we´ll get to see their coastlines and hidden bays hardly ever visited by people. This way we´ll find ourselves rowing on crystal-clear,enjoying the sights and taking pictures of the beautiful views surrounding us.
We land on a beach where we leave the kayaks and make a stop to have lunch surrounded by nature while we relax and listen to the tour guides telling stories about Bariloche and the nearby villages.
Time to get a move on once more and start walking towards the vantage point Tristeza where you´ll get to see the Nahuel Huapi in its full extension,its islands and the surrounding mountains. A little way back you´ll see the Tronador Mount with its glaciers and the” eternal snows” on the Andes peaks.
On the way back we´ll start an easy descent towards our vehicle and we´ll go on discovering the beauties of Bariloche and the Lakes district. We´ll make our last stop to appreciate once more the Nahuel Huapi, Victoria Island and the Andes mountain range, the true stars of our trip.
We arrive back at the hotel at 05PM.” Discover Bariloche hiking and kayaking” is an experience that every active tourist must take to get to know in depth and through a genuine contact with nature this destination and its secrets
- Departure: Bariloche, Patagonia Argentina
- Trip length: 9:00 am – 17:00 pm (full day)
- Available: October to April
- Activity level: Easy + / Medium
- Activities: Hiking & kayaking
- Group size: Min. 4 – Max. 12
- Dates: Daily From October 15th – April 15th
- Certified mountain and kayak guide (English, Spanish) & assistant
- Private shuttle services from Bariloche
- All kayak equipment (life vest, spray skirt splash jacket, neoprene gloves & booties)
- NRS Dry bags & Pelican cases for clothing and personal items (camera, ecc.)
- Fine lunch by the lake
- Morning / afternoon energy snacks (Cereal bars, gorp, non alcoholic beverages)
- First aid kit
- Everything not mentioned as INCLUDED
Recommended equipment list:
- Daily backpack or fanny pack
- Wind jacket
- Mountain / outdoor pants
- Fleece & extra
- Woolen hat / gloves
- Baseball cap / sun screen & lip balm
- Hiking boots / training shoes
- Pair of socks
- Small towel
- Rain gear
- Optional: hiking poles / camera
- On request: Vegetarian Menu / other languages guiding.