An original and fun effort-free tour option to get to know the land of sun and wine in Argentina.
Bike tours offer an alternative to traditional vacations because they allow you to explore places in a different way, with circuits that are much more enjoyable by bike rather than by car.
Electric bikes have had a good reception across the world, as they provide a pleasant ride helping you in the effort of pedaling, making the road a little less demanding.
In addition, it is an excellent option for those older travelers, or with knee problems or some other physical issues that prevents them from carrying out this wonderful activity. With e-bikes, they will surely be able to do it, since the body will be less compromised when making the effort.
Mendoza has incorporated this alternative of e-bikes tours, not only to tour the capital city but also other surrounding towns. In this article we will tell you about three guided tours available, which not only include the ride but also a complete experience with lunch and wine from the region.
Mendoza City Tour
Starting from the Plaza Independencia by e-bike, we will visit some of the main attractions of the city of Mendoza, enjoying a few photo stops at the General San Martin Park and on the Cerro de la Gloria.
The tour ends with a fun descent to enjoy a delicious lunch in a restaurant on the famous Aristides Villanueva street.
Potrerillos is a town located in the Andes mountain range, in Luján de Cuyo department.
This e-bike tour departs from Cacheuta, crossing the beautiful new road that takes us to the border crossing of the Caracoles towards the new Tunnel, leading to the Potrerillos Dam where we can appreciate the unique and beautiful view of the Perilago lake.
Going down, we will make a stop at Potrerillo Village, where we will have free time to walk around, and then we will return to Cacheuta where a barbecue will be waiting for us.
Luján Wine Tour
This option proposes a relaxing bike ride among vineyards and unique landscapes.
We will visit some of Mendoza’s most named wineries, starting with breakfast and guided tour of Terraza de los Andes. Then, the beautiful Chandon Winery and its gardens while we taste a glass of its sparkling wine, continuing with a full tasting in Piattelli while we know its facilities. We finish the tour in the beautiful gardens of Dominios del Plata, where a picnic lunch will be held with a bottle of wine, enjoying the view of the vineyards and a guided tour of the winery.
No matter which one you pick, fun is guaranteed e-biking around Mendoza! Contact your Kallpa Tour Executive for rates and more information about the tours.
- Duration: Half day
- Schedule: 9:30 am to 1:30 pm / 4:30 to 8:30 pm
- Includes: Snack cereal bar and beverage + Lunch with variety of dishes (cold cuts table – meat – pasta), draft beer, wine tasting or soft drinks, dessert.
- Duration: Full day
- Schedule: 8:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Includes: Snack cereal bar and beverage + Stop at Potrerillos Village with cold cuts table, draft beer or soft drinks + Barbecue lunch at Cacheuta (full barbecue, salads, fries – Vegetarian menu available upon request), draft beer, wine tasting or soft drinks, dessert.
Luján Wine Tour
- Duration: Full day
- Schedule: 8:00 am to 6:30 pm
- Includes: Snack cereal bar and beverage + Breakfast and guided tour at Terrazas de Los Andes + Guided visit and a glass of sparkling wine at Bodega Chandon + Wine tasting and guided tour at Piattelli + Guides visit and Picnic lunch with a bottle of wine at Bodega Dominios del Plata.
All tours include:
- Bilingual guides.
- Safety equipment (helmets, GPS, sunscreen and gear).
- Fully equipped e-bikes with LED lights, rear-view mirror, V-brakes and bag to carry personal belongings.
- Individual intercoms.
- Accident insurance and medical assistance.
- Go-Pro camera.
- Ages: From 15 to 65-70 years old.